This page is in the midst of being updated. Check back soon for updates!
How will Houston and Dallas graduate students be able to become involved in the Graduate Student Council?
- The Graduate Student Council Town Hall meeting was recorded and made available to students on the Houston and Dallas campuses.
- A second Graduate Student Council Town Hall was held via videoconference for those who are unable to attend the face-to-face Town Hall on the Denton campus.
- All General Assembly meetings are held using live feed videoconferencing between the 3 campuses.
How will graduate degree-granting programs select Senators for the Graduate Student Council? When will this process begin?
- The voting membership of the Graduate Student Council is composed of one representative from each graduate degree-granting academic program at Texas Woman’s University.
- These recommended or elected representatives make up the Senate of the Graduate Student Council.
- Each graduate degree-granting academic program has the option of either recommending or electing the Senator representing their program.
- In order to qualify to serve as a senator representing a graduate degree program, a student must be in good standing and in active status.
- A request for recommendations for Senators has been sent to Department Chairs. Recommendations should be submitted before May 31st.
How can I best stay connected with the Graduate Student Council online?
- Facebook– The Graduate Student Council has a Facebook page. Click the link or type in Graduate Student Council TWU into the search bar, then like the page in order to receive updates on your personal Facebook feed.
- Twitter– The Graduate Student Council has a Twitter page. Click the link or type @gscounciltwu in the Twitter search bar, then follow us in order to receive updates about the GSC on Twitter.
- GSCouncilTWU.WordPress.com– The Graduate Student Council has a WordPress site. Click the link to navigate to the WordPress page where you can bookmark or follow our blog. On this page you can find information about the Graduate Student Council, such as the constitution, the graduate student survey, a list of upcoming events, useful links, and so forth.